Friday, October 30, 2009

How to Change or Remove YOOtheme Copyright Link at Footer in Joomla 1.5 Template

Thanks to visit my blog (to my loyal visitor: we meet again). Sorry for my late post due to internet connection problem I got lately. So you want to know how to change or remove Yootheme copyright link at footer in Joomla 1.5 Template? So did I.
I have tried to search each file like I did to change or remove Youjoomla.com Copyright and designed by JoomlArt.com cases. Those two cases i solved by edited the php file related to each templates. In this case I feel like fooled (stupid me, but not dumb.. hehe). But don't worry my friends..
EUREKA!!! I Found it.

Before we go, I want to tell you that this is Just Sharing All The Things I Know. And please read this (part of YOOtheme "Terms of use"):

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2.4. Modifications

You are allowed to make any changes and modifications in the templates or products to suit your needs. It is not permitted to change or remove the copyright information in the source code. This includes the XML descriptor file and all PHP, JavaScript, HTML and CSS files distributed with our products. Of course, any visual copyrights, for example the copyrights in the template footer, can be removed.

However, you are not allowed to resale or redistribute these changes and modifications as GPL or other licenses. It is strictly prohibited to port YOOtheme templates and templates included in our extensions to other platforms and content management systems.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now... Here We Go Again and This is It:
1. Login to Joomla Administrator Backend;
2. Go to Extensions -> Module Manager;
3. Search the Footer Module (with the Type: mod_custom, not mod_footer)
4. Just open it and look at "Custom Output", there you'll find the words "Validates to XHTML 1.0 and CSS 3" and "Copyright (c) 2009 YOOtheme";
5. Now it's up to you to... :=) .
Thanks to my blog's loyalty visitors for always visiting my blog. (Sorry for my bad english.. :=) .. but hope you still can read between the line).

21 comments:

  1. Thank's to your blog !
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice of you. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rather than just hacking the module, you could just publish a custom_html module in the footer position with your appropriate text.

    For any custom CSS styling I suggest you create an additional CSS style sheet that you then import to the main YOOtheme style sheet. That way your custom CSS modifications are kept separate, and when (not if) the template is updated none of your changes will be lost.

    Dean
    Zimt Website Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you brother.[2]

    ReplyDelete
  6. how to change youtheme.com hyper link in home button of youtheme enterprise template stable pack installed

    ReplyDelete
  7. very good information ! Thank you so much from france.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how to change it in wordpress?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where is mod_custom?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found it, posting it in case anyone needs this info.:

    1. go to templates/yootheme-template/warp/warp.php
    2. delete or change /* branding */
    protected $_branding = 'Powered by REL Creative';

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be moderated and reviewed, so I can follow "the progress". Sorry for inconvenient.

MyBlog Related Search

Custom Search